Saturday, November 27, 2010

Japan tour pt 7: Fukuoka

After all those concerts with Tenzin and Taro, I took the chance to go somewhere else in Japan before returning to Australia, and headed west to Fukuoka with my partner Yuki Taniguchi, who was doing nada yoga workshops all weekend. We stayed with Amigo Sato, who I met when I first went to Fukuoka with sitar player Hide Iwai in 2007. Like in 2007, Amigo's family hosted a home concert for us on our first night (photos below). Yuki opened with some meditative Sanskrit mantras then I joined on tabla for some kirtan (group devotional singing). We closed with a short tabla solo, Yuki playing lehera on a melodica the family had in the house! (We managed to find a harmonium for the main concert a few days later.)




I've created a facebook album with all the photos from this tour, including a few not on this blog.

No comments: