Saturday, November 27, 2010

Snow Lion Japan tour pt2: Sangeet Mela

Off to the annual Sangeet Mela, the 13th time this event has been held in Horado village, Gifu. Please search for Sangeet Mela on my blog for reports on previous very impressive events. Once again the lineup was packed dusk til dawn with accomplished Indian classical artists from Japan and around the world including Steve Oda (sarod - Canada/USA). This year there were a few non-classical items - Baul singing by Satyananda Das, Tibetan music by Tenzin and friends, and some fusion with santoor, hang drum, tabla and Odissi dance late in the night. Many thanks to Jimi-san for inviting us to perform there and for continuing to organise this conference every year. I'm sorry I didn't manage to get photos of all the acts this year. I was having a bit more relaxed time, including taking a one hour Thai massage between my two performances.
















I've created a facebook album with all the photos from this tour, including a few not on this blog.

No comments: