Monday, September 08, 2008

Ei-Un-In Temple with Carlos Guerra (bansuri) and Yuji Nakagawa (sarangi)

On Saturday I had the chance to play at one of my favourite venues worldwide - the beautiful Ei-Un-In temple in Kyoto. Thanks very much to Fujisawa-san for organising the concert, and to Carlos Guerra (bansuri), Yuji Nakagawa (sarangi) and Tokko Nakamura (tamboura) for inviting me to accompany them. The concert was a big success, with 101 people coming, the biggest audience I've seen at Ei-Un-In!

Soundcheck at Ei-Un-In

Shen and Yuji Nakagawa (sarangi)
Yuji played Raag Patdeep in vilambit ektaal, madhya lay teentaal and jhala


Shen and Carlos Guerra (bansuri)
Carlos played Raga Vachaspati - Alap, Jor, Jhala, Gats in Jhap taal and Teentaal

The audience at Ei-Un-In - the biggest I've ever seen there

Bansuri-Sarangi Jugalbandi in Raga Khammaj

1 comment:

Shawn said...

Sarangi, amazing! Looks like you're having a great tour, playing in some really beautiful places!